I began looking back at some of last posts before the “silent period.” It has been a little over two months since I wrote a blog, so I thought I’d catch ya’ll up on some of the happenings in the life of Suwannee Refugee (me) and SR’s wife.
- March 14–My last post was about dining out at the Cajun Cafe on the Bayou. If I knew what was coming I might have stayed home from that great dive to prepare. My wife was involved in a major car accident which put her in the hospital for ten days. While she is back to light duty at work, she has a long way to before returning to normal.
- March 30–I was really looking forward to an all-day tailgate of the Jimmy Buffet concert at the Amp in Tampa. But with the wife’s wreck I was only able to get to the tailgate after work. I was bummed!!
- April 20-22–Took a trip to the Suwannee. Just me and Quincy. We recently became owners of a piece of family property on the Suwannee River. While its nice to say that you own such a property, there’s a little more work involved. This was a mowing/cleanup property trip. Not a fishing trip.
- April 28–Remember when I was able to brew with Dave Doble at Tampa Bay Brewing Co in February? Well, I was finally able to culminate that event with a beer and pizza party with all of my friends. Great night of eating and drinking!!
- May 2-6–I planned our 10th anniversary trip for a long time. But it hit a snag with the car wreck. However, we pulled it off. It was to Jazz Fest in New Orleans. There’s way too much to write about but suffice it to say, if you get the chance, GO!
- May 19-Tailgated a Devil Rays game. First time for me. Who knew that people tailgated a baseball game?? Didn’t hit the game, but left for a Florida wine tasting at a friend’s home. Really nice to sample all the nice vintages that Florida has to offer.
If you’re still with me, there has been a lot of happenings since that fateful day on March 14 when my wife was involved in the car. I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone. And I just now feel that we’re getting back on our feet. With some of my next posts, I’ll share some stories about some of the above events. Thanks for sticking me during this rocky time!!